Saturday, July 11, 2009

Welcome to India

I am in:

View Larger Map

In India! Its 7 am here, but still more like 10 pm on my schedule. I got to my cousin's house here in Delhi last night. On the plane, I watched: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Batman Begins, Scrubs, House, and 30 Rock. A little kid sitting next to me kept on kicking me on the plane...for fourteen hours. FML.

The best thing about going to India? The first wiff of the hot, muggy air as you as you walk off the plane and into the jetway. It brought back all of my memories of the many months I've spent here over the years. The newly remodeled Delhi airport is awesome- and after a half hour of swine flu checks, immigrations, baggage claim, and customs, Priyanka jij and I walked out into the 90 degree nighttime heat. It was awesome.

My uncle and cousin met us there and we took their Ford Fiesta (I didn't know there was Ford in India either) back to their new house in Green Park. We met up with my mom on the way, who had just come to Delhi from Muzzafaranagar- a town where her parents live. My dad arrived on a different flight a few hours later- and for the first time in almost 3 weeks, the Jain family was reunited. I got my cell phone and wireless internet all set up.

By the way, Transformers 2 just came out here... I wouldn't be in the least bit ashamed to see it again. I will be that one guy who can say he saw it in two countries. whaadddupp

I crashed for a couple hours, but now I'm wide awake and wicked hungry. At 7 am, Delhi is covered by clouds and it is hot and muggy- the monsoons (epic rains) are due to start in a few days though. Many other Indian cities already got them. While the monsoons bring more tolerable weather, they also bring more travel delays and mosquitos. AC is good.

I'm hanging out in Delhi today. Tomorrow, I'm headed to Indore, where my dad's side of the family lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment