Friday, July 10, 2009

Final Preparations

After the wild success of other people's blogs (Niti), I decided that I should make one of my own and tell people about my travels in India and put up some pictures and write a little bit. I also want to show my friends who haven't been to India that it is not just the setting for "Slumdog Millionaire", but much much more.

India Trip: July 10th to August 11th

So, Mama Jain is already in India. She's been there for 2 weeks. My sister, dad, and I are leaving today. I am flying to Newark, and then taking a 14 hour flight to New Delhi. I have never taken this long of a flight before- usually we fly to London or Amsterdam or Frankfurt and then to Delhi- but many people have told me that the direct is much easier.

This is my plan for the 14 hour flight.

Right before flight: Take a solid dose of Nyquil.
Departure
Hour 1: Sleep
Hour 2: Sleep
Hour 3: Sleep
Hour 4: Sleep
Hour 5: Sleep
Hour 6: Sleep
Hour 7: Sleep
Hour 8: Sleep
Hour 9: Get up, recover from sleep
Hour 10: Eat my vegetarian non-dairy meal!
Hour 11: Finish Atul Gwande's "Complications"
Hour 12: Start Atul Gwande's "Better"
Hour 13: Read, Ipod, chill
Hour 14: Watch descent into India
Arrival

I have to finish cleaning the house. Next post from Delhi, India.

No comments:

Post a Comment